Week from 05/16 to 05/22

Start of the week

The task I've been assigned this week is to write tests for the airML module and start writing a blog to showcase my progress in GSoC.

Why?

Testing is really important because it helps us to find out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases. 

How?

Using python library 'unittest' I wrote test functions for all the functions that I have implemented in the previous week. It was a simple task and by following the documentation of python (https://docs.python.org/3/library/unittest.html), I was able to implement it. Also, I referred to Tensorflow testing best practices. 

Next Task

I was asked to create documentation following the TensorFlow code style guide. 

Why?

Documentation helps the users and other developers to understand the functionalities of the implemented application. And it will be easy for others who come after me to understand and improve the system.

How?

Refactored the documentation in the README file and created a blog. This will help to keep track of the project progress also. 

End of the week

As the next task, I was assigned to do is creating a language detector. My mentor asked me to follow the "Neural machine translation with attention" tutorial and play around with it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DBpedia Neural Multilingual QA - GSoC project summery

Week from 07/12 to 07/18

Machine Translation Task